A morning in Paris...

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I'm sorry I haven't been blogging for a while. I've been battling a horrible coughing cold for the past week. My head has been pounding and the coughing attacks just put me over the edge...Thank goodness for DayQuil!

Well, this past weekend it all started to look up! I know I'm starting to feel better when I want to bake and cook. To celebrate Memorial Day I decided to make strawberry crepes. I LOVE crepes! And I wanted to surprise my hubby...he loves crepes too :) It worked out perfectly too because I feed the kids before and then put them in front of the electronic babysitter (aka T.V) and got to work on making them. The kids even let us eat them in peace. I felt like I was in Paris while I sipped on my steam milk with espresso and munched on strawberry crepes with my husband. It was wonderful! Ready to know how you can make these at your home?


Becca's Strawberry Crepes:
1 cup all purpose flour
2 teaspoons sugar
2 Tablespoons of melted butter (you'll need more for cooking)
1 1/2 cups milk
2 large eggs



Combine all of the above ingredients in the order listed. Whisk together until smooth and let stand for 10 minutes. Put 1- 2 Tablespoons of butter in the bottom of your skillet. Cover the bottom and a little up the side of the pan with butter. Add about 1/3 a cup of batter and swirl it around in your pan so it forms a smooth, even circle. When bubbles start forming or your butter underneath the crepe starts bubbling it's time to flip (usually about 1-3 minutes). Use a thin butter knife to lift the edge of the crepe and slide a spatula underneath. Next tip your pan and flip your crepe. Once your crepes are cooked you can work on your filling.



Filling options:
Nutella spread on the bottom of the crepe for a decadent hazelnut, chocolate flavor. I slice up strawberries, sprinkle with sugar, add a tablespoon of butter to a pan and cook over medium low heat. Then I spoon the strawberry mixture into the crepe and roll it up.

Lastly I dust with powdered sugar and place some of the fruit filling ontop. I also recommend steamed milk with espresso ;) I hope you enjoy them as much as we did, with love, Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment