January Anxiety

Saturday, January 8, 2011

The beginning of January was fun. I loved decorating for new years! This year I took down all the Christmas decorations and I put up New Year's decorations. I hung lots of curled gold ribbon everywhere. I also put lots of party hats, balloons, champagne poppers and noise makers everywhere. It was fun! 


Then the craziness started....not only did I forget that I have to get readjusted to the school schedule, but I also greatly underestimated my anxiety about an upcoming procedure. I have an operation coming up and to say the least I'm very nervous. I had my pre-op the other day and I feel much more comfortable with the whole procedure but I'm still very anxious. I've reached the point where I can't even read any more.....anyone who knows me knows that I'm a reading machine....so not reading, is not good. 


I'm not sure that there's a whole lot I can do until it's all over. But in the mean time I've scheduled a play date every day next week so that I can't think about what's going to ensue the following week. The good thing is I have an amazing family and amazing friends who will be helping me out. Yet I still can't shake this paralyzing anxiety. Anyone have any tips as to a great way to shake a funk?? My only thought is to start making lists and checking them off. 

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Exercise and cleaning? Hang in there, girl!

Kelly said...

Something else to cheer you up: today, I gave you the stylish blogging award + there are some instructions on how to pass it on. I love all of your different ideas and projects. :-)

Becca said...

Thank you! :)

Post a Comment